Friday, July 17, 2015

Celeb MUA Q&A Share: A Quick Look Behind the Makeup Brush

TGIF, beauties! Ready for the weekend? I know I am! I hope you have enjoyed the last few blog posts, I feel really good about them. Earlier in the week, I shared about mark. Celebrity MUA Kelsey Deenihan's mark. product picks and now I want to share with you all a little Q&A conducted with Kelsey that I found online at my AVON eStore: youravon.com/ssandis under the New & Now tab: 

please note: I did NOT conduct this interview with Kelsey Deenihan. This was all found online for public viewing on my AVON eStore. I cannot, nor want to, take any credit for the following Q&A. 

Q: How did you get started?
A: My friend's father actually opened my eyes to the fact that being a makeup artist could be a lucrative career--he was really impressed with the makeup I did for my friend's prom and he worked in TV so he knew many professional artists. After that, I never had a Plan B. 

Q: Did you have any formal training?
A: I went to a four-year university, but focused on areas of study that would help my makeup career. I double majored in photography and digital media and minored in classical arts and art history. It's definitely made a difference to know things like the way lighting affects skin tone.

Q: How much of being a makeup artist is being an artist?
A: As a makeup artist, I work to enhance a woman's natural features, not completely change them, because I still want her to look like herself and be the best version of herself. So how being an artist plays into it is, its' about choosing the colors and shapes to make that happen. 

Q: What are your makeup essentials?
A: Foundation, blush, and mascara. In a desert-island scenario, definitely mascara.

I enjoyed reading this Q&A on Kelsey Deenihan and getting to know a bit more behind the talent so much, I am so glad that I am able to share it all with you. She is for sure inspiring, passionate, and a go-getter. We could all use a bit more of those qualities in our day to day lives, don't you think? Give a +1, share, and/or comment if you enjoyed this short and sweet blog post. Thanks and have a great weekend! 
xo Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment