Tuesday, September 08, 2015

15 Randoms About Myself

Good morning, beauties! I was just reflecting over my entries and realized that I have not really done an introductory post to tell you all a little about myself. No time like the present, right? So, let's get to it. These will be in no particular order, just listed randomly as they come to my mind.

1. It takes me eight minutes to do my makeup. No matter what look i'm going for, or what products I am using, eight minutes seems to be my constant. This is good for me because I do not have a lot of time to spend on getting all doll'd up.

2. I am a stay(work) at home mom to two great kids. One of which is in second grade and the other starts preschool - tomorrow. I'm going to try to not cry.

3. It does not take much to make me happy. I find that the most simplest of things give me the most joy. Ergo, i'm not high maintenance. 

4. I am a beautiful hot mess in the sense of organization. I really need to buckle down and get things more on a routine and schedule. I'll gladly accept any tips on fun ways to get organized.

5. My husband is my high school sweetheart. We are all each other has ever known and I find that to be ridiculously romantic. Even if most days comfort has clearly moved in, the butterflies are still there.

6. My anxiety does get the best of me, on some days. I'm working toward techniques and other things to get the panic in check - one step at a time, right? I am my own worst enemy that much is fore sure.

7. I have been losing the battle with insomnia as of late. I have no issue in falling asleep, but I cannot seem to stay asleep. Well, hello there coffee.

8. On December 29th, it will be one year since I quit smoking cigarettes. I did it by vaping and still get some nicotine but have lowered the level and soon will be nicotine free. 

9. I love wearing glasses. Although, in the Summer months I would love to just rock a pair of stylish sunnies, contacts have never been that comfortable for me. I'm all about the comfort, really. I have thought about getting them once again though as I have found it challenging to do certain makeup looks since I have to get "nose-to-nose" with the mirror.

10. I'm having a blast as an AVON Independent Sales Representative. I'm learning so much about myself in terms of confidence and business savvy. I may still be new to the beauty biz but i'm here to learn and grow and enjoy ever minute of the journey. 

11. Speaking of learning and growing - I may not be the best at blogging, but just like some days are better than others - so are my entries. I am a work in progress and so is my beauty blog. Stay with me and beautiful things will develop!

12. I'm the crazy sunscreen lady at the beach, swimming pool, outdoors in general. I am the one chasing my kids around with the SPF! I will not apologize for it, either. I think that skin health/awareness is not taken seriously enough. 

13. I much rather give gifts in place of receiving them. I get the biggest kick out of watching someone open something that I know they will truly enjoy or that is an inside joke. It makes me genuinely feel good to give someone something, even if it does not cost one cent.

14. Yellow is my favorite color, but I do not like to wear it. I don't think its a good color for me to wear in clothing. I do love me some yellow colored accessories like handbags, shoes, jewelry, etc. My dream car is a yellow Ford Mustang. **sighs**

15. If you ask me to keep something a secret, I will. Unless, that is to say, it could cause you or someone else harm. Then and only then will I break the pinky promise.

Well, beauts - that's 15! I thank you kindly for reading. If you feel compelled to share to your social media sites, thank you for that as well! 
xo Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment